Sunday, May 27, 2007

welcome to the world

sorry not much time. we are at the ronald mcdonald house.

liam joseph was born after less than 4 hrs of labor yesterday - weighing 8lbs 2 oz, 19 inches long. he required O2 and was doing well with sat. levels, but he was breathing rather quickly, so he was transferred to a NICU at a bigger hospital. he is doing well here - already last night he was on room air through his intubation tube. there are 3 main causes for his problem, but they think (or did last night) that his lungs are just a big more premature than he is.

we are off to the hospital to spend the day with him again. his birthparents are making the trip today to see him one more time since they didn't get to say goodbye properly when the ambulance came to transport him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Liam Joseph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he's beautiful-post a pic as soon as you can. Keep us updated. Take care and give your little man hugs and smooches from us!

BekkiBoo aka tubelessstl said...

I am so excited for you both and for new baby Liam. Welcome to the world Liam.

I hope you and DH are able to rest up . I hope Liam's nicu stay is short and well meaning to get him to full strength and OUT OF THERE and home with you both soon.

I can only imagine how bittersweet this is for the bm/bd, but I am glad they will be able to say what they need to him there at the nicu. Stay strong your hearts for it will be a little bit of a rough ride.

I am here if you need to chat.

Beth said...

CONGRATS Mom & Dad!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy. I am just thrilled for you and Bill and of course the puppies too. I absolutely cannot wait to hear all the happy details, but of course I realize you must be caught up in quite the whirlwind right now! CONGRATULATIONS! WELCOME, LITTLE LIAM!!!

All our love,
the Griffenhagens in Louisiana

Mommy said...

OMG, I was so shocked to read this, WOW, so fast. Congrats to u and Bill you are now a mom and dad. Can't wait to see how he progresses. I am sure he will do just fine in the NICU, it can be rocky at times, but he is the one in control now, he will let them know what he needs and they will assist, and when he doesn't need things anymore, he will let them know that too.

I am here for you if you need support for the NICU, somedays you will not know why things didn't progress then all of a sudden before you know it, he will be ready to come home.

Again, Congrats, he is adorable.

STLOUISGAL